Host Jackie Loeshelle, PT, DPT is joined by Jennith Bernstein, PT, DPT, ATP/SMS of the Assistive Technology/Seated and Wheeled Mobility SIG to discuss wheelchair prescription for the neurologic population and the important role physical therapists have in this process.
Disclosure: Dr. Bernstein is a Clinical Affairs Manager for Permobil.
Resources on this topic are listed below:
- Sample seating and mobility evaluation: Seating/Mobility Evaluation (methodistonline.org)
- Permobil LMN generator: LMN Login (permobillmn.com)
- RESNA position papers: RESNA > Resources > Position Papers and Service Provision Guidelines
- Textbook: Seating and Wheeled Mobility textbook by Lange & Minkel: Seating and Wheeled Mobility: A Clinical Resource Guide (healio.com)
- Continuing education, CEUs: Through APTA 10-course series for beginners, free for members and non-members, provided through Clinician Task Force and APTA AT/SWM SIG Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy Education Center: Interactive Courses (anpteducationcenter.org)
- Continuing education previously recorded webinars from International Seating Symposium: RSTCE: On-Demand Webinars (pitt.edu)
The information in this podcast is meant for the benefits of physical therapists. It is not meant for personal medical diagnosis and or treatment. Individuals should always consult an appropriate medical practitioner with questions.
Please send comments or questions on this podcast to the Stroke SIG at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stroke Special Interest Group and Assistive Technology/Seating and Wheeled Mobility Special Interest Group are part of the Academy of
Neurologic Physical Therapy – www.neuropt.org.